We now find ourselves in the mad grips of February. Love is in the air, the stores swell with flowers and candy, and everyone's pulse tends to tick up a notch or two. While runners are familiar with the take-your-breath-away exhilaration of a good exercise high, why not share some excitement with an agreeable cohort?
The following running-related Valentine's (or any time) date ideas are great for spending quality time with someone who makes your heart race.
1) Plan a "Run-cation" – We all have a bucket list of sights we'd like to see, events we'd love to attend, or trails we want to hit. Fire up the Google machine and make it happen by planning a romantic and exhilarating getaway to log some miles in exotic surroundings.
2) Enter a Race Together – Who doesn't love the thrill of some friendly competition? Strap on your favorite sneaks, don your registration numbers, and head to the starting line. Whether it's a road race, a chill 5k, or something unique like a mud run, you'll make lasting memories running alongside the one you love. Bonus cupid points if the event benefits a local charity.
3) Couple's Spa Day – After the rigor of the road, take time to pamper yourself and your sweetie with a trip to the spa. Hit the sauna, enjoy a massage (your runner's muscles will thank you), and treat your battered feet to a pedicure. It's alright to slow down sometimes.
4) Take a Hike – Road running is excellent, but let's not forget the charms of a romantic walk on the beach, a secluded picnic in the park, or a scenic jog along a rugged trail. Getting away from it all is a great way to get closer together.
5) Keep it Classy – Hit the local gym for a joint fitness class. Spin classes, Zumba, CrossFit , or even yoga will get your blood pumping and your bodies limbered up. For something a little more sedate, attend a healthy cooking class or brush up on First Aid or CPR.
6) Race Flix and Chill – After your daily dash, cool down on the couch and cozy up with a running-themed movie. Popular titles such as "Chariots of Fire" and "The Jericho Mile" are classics. Meanwhile, quirky flicks like "Run Fatboy Run," "Forrest Gump," and "Brittany Runs a Marathon" are great for some laughs and at tugging your heartstrings.
No matter how you choose to celebrate your special someone, remember that shared experiences make the best gifts of all — but flowers and candy are usually a welcome addition as well.
by Jason Braun
DC Limo Service
Your journey with our luxury car limo service will be comfortable and luxurious with state of the art equipment and a smooth quiet ride. Perfect if you want to catch some rest, or if you need to get some work done before your flight or next meeting. DC Limo Service