Challenge yourself this summer and signup for the Virtual SARR Prickly Pear 50K (31.0686 miles) and run on your own time and on the path you choose. We want to keep you moving this summer and have a limited supply of our 2020 Prickly Pear merchandise from our March 7th race…so we thought we’d present you with a Virtual Summer Challenge and offer you another opportunity to earn that Prickly Pear Finisher’s Hat and car window sticker!—You get to choose your date, pick your own route and run it anytime anywhere between July 1 - August 15, 2020. That’s right trail or road, walk or run, day or night! There will be no Overall or Age Group Awards—everyone is a winner!
Here’s how it works:
1. Register for the virtual event. You’ll get a link to a printable bib that you can print and wear on your race day. You’ll also receive your choice between a Prickly Pear T-shirt (sizes are limited), a mystery SARR past-race shirt, or a SARR beanie (all swag is first come first served and sizing is limited); a wooden finisher’s medal that you can a) curbside pick-up; or b) pay to have it shipped to you. Once you tackle the 31ish miles and report your time you’ll be eligible to receive your fancy Headsweats Crusher 50K Finisher’s hat and 50K car window sticker.
2. Run or Walk 31.0686 miles anytime and anywhere on any turf you choose between July 1 - August 15, 2020. You can choose a trail, road, greenway, beach, your backyard, or another planet to put in your miles. Only rule is you must complete the mileage in one workout, meaning you can’t split up the days or do half in the morning and half in the evening.
3. Report your time by sharing your running device stats, or a selfie of you and your watch showing the time/distance no later than August 15, 2020 at Midnight on the SARR Prickly Pear Facebook page www.facebook.com/SARR-Prickly-Pear-50K-15K-5K-587247174735388/. You MUST report your time to receive your Headsweats 50K Finisher Hat and 50K car window sticker. We will offer pick-up dates TBD for the Finisher’s hats/window stickers, or those that choose the shipping option your hat/sticker will be mailed the week of August 17 via USPS.
4. Rejoice because if you aren’t already you will soon be an official Ultra Runner or have tackled another 50K, and possibly ran your best time. Due to COVID-19 we are vicariously living through your running experiences so please share your race day reports and pictures with us on our SARR Prickly Pear Facebook Page, and Congratulations!
Sunday, June 30th from 12-4pm at McAllister Park, Al Becken Pavilion or choose option that includes shipping
Finishers hat/window sticker pickup
Sunday August 16th (time to be announced) at McAllister Park, Al Becken Pavilion or choose option that includes shipping
This race has a cap of 80 runners.
SARR members save 25% with online registration thru 6/30 (automatically applied at checkout)
Runners age 24 or younger and age 70+ get a 50% discount thru 6/30 (no other discounts apply)
Download & Share Your Bib Number:
1) Log in to your runsignup profile
2) Select > Upcoming Events > View Digital Bib
3) Share it! > Print, Save, or Screenshot
Complete your race and submit your results between:
Wednesday, July 1, 2020 - Saturday August 15, 2020, 11:59pm
Submit Results Here